Yes, you can upload a spreadsheet to make your set changes all at once. To do this, you'll need a spreadsheet saved as a CSV file (comma delimited).
Please note: we recommend downloading any of last year's markbooks you'd like to save before you do this.
Your spreadsheet should have the following columns:
- First name
- Last name
- Class subject (this can be 'Science' , 'Geography', 'Maths' or 'English')
- UPN (recommended - this helps our system match the students on your spreadsheet to their Educake accounts)
- Email address (recommended - this allows students to reset their passwords via email, and allows you to automatically send login details to students)
- Mobile number (optional - this allows students to reset their passwords via SMS)
If a student is in more than one class, (for example, a Science class and a Geography class), use a second row. Here's an example:
To update these students, log in to Educake and follow these steps:
- Click on "Add or Move Students in Bulk". You can find this in the 'Manage Students' area, on the right side of your My Educake page.
- Click the button that says "Add or Move Students in Bulk" at the very bottom of the page.
- Click "Move Students". Choose whether the students you're uploading are moving up a year or if they're staying in the same year.
- Choose your file and select "Preview changes". You'll see a preview of all the students who currently have accounts and will be moved, and all the students who don't yet have accounts and will have a new username created for them. If this isn't correct, update your CSV file and repeat step 4 again.
- Once your changes look correct, click "Save changes".
- You'll receive an email with a link to download a CSV. The CSV contains the usernames for all the students you uploaded, and a new password for any new students.
If your upload included any new students, you'll also receive a link to download a PDF. The PDF contains the usernames and passwords for any new students. The PDF can be printed directly onto a sheet of sticky labels (Avery L7161 or J8161), so your students can stick them in their notebooks.
- If you'd like to download a PDF of stickers for all students (even those who haven't been given a new password), there are instructions in this article: How do I download stickers for my students?
- You should receive the email within a few minutes, but if you don't see it in your inbox or your spam folder within 20 minutes please email email@example.com.
Why do we ask for UPN?
We highly recommend you include a unique identifier for each students. This can be unique to your school, but each student should keep the same one throughout their entire time at your school. This allows you to quickly move students into their new classes when the next school year starts, and ensures that their progress and completed tests stay associated with their accounts.
Why do we ask for student email addresses and mobile numbers?
We recommend you include an email address and/or mobile number for each student you upload. This is so students can reset their own passwords if they ever forget them. It's not required, but it does mean that students don't have to wait until the next class time to ask you to reset their passwords.
If you choose not to include students' contact details with your CSV, students can still add their own contact details when they've logged in to Educake.
For information on how to disable this and how student password resets work, read this article: