Educake enables students to study independently from home, helping them keep up with their learning if they are not in school. Teachers can set work in minutes, easily view completed work, identify areas of weakness and give direct feedback to students.
Covered on this page:
- My school isn't using Educake. Can you help?
- I'm already using Educake. How can I ensure all my students can use it effectively?
- How do I set work for my students?
- How can I track the work my students have completed and give feedback?
- Encourage students to use the Smart Assistant for independent retrieval practice
If you are already confident using Educake you may find the remote learning ideas from other teachers helpful.
My school isn't using Educake. Can you help?
We offer a 30-day trial of our platform, which you can sign up for here: https://www.educake.co.uk/freetrial-signup.
Here's our PDF guide to getting started with Educake when is some of your students aren't in school:
I'm already using Educake. How can I ensure all my students can use it effectively?
- Make sure your students have a note of their username. You can easily download these, details here.
- Encourage your students to log in and add their email or mobile number. Then, if they can’t remember how to log in, they can reset the password themselves. If these options aren't available to them, you may need to enable them.
- Educake works on a mobile phone. There is also an Educake app students can download and use to answer questions and review materials. Available for Android (links to Google Play) and iOS (links to App Store).
Our support team is available at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help students log in. If your class lists need updating send them over and we will get them sorted for you.
How do I set work for my students?
You can set work and monitor progress, and choose from thousands of differentiated questions - mapped to your specification. You can assign links to students, such as online worksheets or videos, and Educake Study Guides (science and geography).
You can also assign links to other online resources, eg. Oak National Academy. You can share tests to your Microsoft Teams or Google Classroom pages, using the 'share a link' icon. Find out more.
How can I track the work my students have completed and give feedback?
It’s easy to see which students are engaging with learning. You can identify areas of weakness, and then give specific feedback to students through Educake. Go to Track Progress (in My Educake) to see results by topic or to the Markbook to track assignment completion.
Encourage students to use the Smart Assistant for independent retrieval practice
After logging in, students see the Smart Assistant on their My Educake page, which suggests tests that will be most effective for them, based on their strengths and weaknesses. You can find out more here.